It is better to be an outcast, a stranger in one’s own country, than an outcast from one’s self. It is better to see what is about to befall us and to resist than to retreat into the fantasies embraced by a nation of the blind.
Chris Hedges

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Hopeless in Seattle

Dear Fellow Travellers:

Damn. I tried to access this blog to post another message that was incredibly witty, insightful, perhaps even life-changing...but I could not remember my user name, and then I could not remember my password...thank you Blogger Support for helping me through my fourth new password since I set up this blogspot this morning.

Thanks to Bruce Thorpe for putting me onto this site. Amazingly easy and fun to work with.

My mother-in-law asked me to clean up the disk of her files before giving her old laptop to my brother-in-law. It is an old Gateway laptop and I spent hours going through each folder to erase years of activity. My mother-in-law is one of the busiest people I have ever met. Currently, she is attending the Waitangi Tribunal where she is a member. Anyhow I had just deleted a heap of files when the computer crapped out. Every time I went to boot the disk up it crashed just at sign in.

Anyhow I came back to it in the morning and it turned out to be a loose wire in my power cord. There was enough power in the batteries to get it only so far.

Anyway, I am letting the world know about my blog tonight so stay tuned, my best mates: Duff and the Captain, as well as the Colonel will be posting their own items. I ask them to be frank without revealing too too much. Well, goodnight.

Dugger.

No comments: