It is better to be an outcast, a stranger in one’s own country, than an outcast from one’s self. It is better to see what is about to befall us and to resist than to retreat into the fantasies embraced by a nation of the blind.
Chris Hedges

Monday, July 26, 2004

Me Pals...and Fellow Travellers

I have great pals.  You've met a host but there are so many more.  There is Sal...my gal Sal.  I met her through a previous relationship and after the relationship blew up, well, Sally and I were neighbours and we had developed a great relationship.  There was an understanding that we would each be there for each other.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it.  But as older singles we wondered what would happen if the other should die.  So we made a pact to cover each other.  I knew what she looked good in, so dressing her wouldn't be a problem.  I would have to take care of her cats...which would be problematic, living in New Zealand and all.  But I would find them good homes.  There was always a gentle hope that we might end up together, but it just wasn't to be.  So we chose to be pals.

dugger.

1 comment:

Not the Buddha said...

just in case this triggers an e-mail - you haven't posted in a while. I truly enjoyed what you posted last year. Please start writing again. Sincerely,
NtB