It is better to be an outcast, a stranger in one’s own country, than an outcast from one’s self. It is better to see what is about to befall us and to resist than to retreat into the fantasies embraced by a nation of the blind.
Chris Hedges

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chicken Soup

If you really want to know what your neighbours think of you, just drop off a pot of fresh homemade chicken soup. I did, and their dog is slurping is up quite nicely. It's true that we have never really gotten along, but when I heard the missus was home with the flu I thought sharing some of my homemade soup would be just the ticket to improve relations. I don't quite blame her though. Because if she dropped off chicken soup to me I doubt that I would tuck into a bowl without at least trying it out on someone else first. But to just plunk the pot by the dog house, in plain view of where I am sitting?

No comments: