It is better to be an outcast, a stranger in one’s own country, than an outcast from one’s self. It is better to see what is about to befall us and to resist than to retreat into the fantasies embraced by a nation of the blind.
Chris Hedges

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rest in Peace Michael

My friend Michael S. passed away, last weekend, after a battle with cancer. I will always remember him for his wit, and his intelligence. Michael said things we were all thinking, usually better than we could have said it ourselves. That he loved his children, Sid and Ella, there is no doubt. I wished I could have had that afternoon at an outdoor cafe to talk and laugh, but it was not meant to be. A difficult guy to get close to, he was never a part of the 'in crowd'. The last communication I had with him was a joke he sent me - too ribald to post. His funeral is today and I may write more about him later on.

No comments: