It is better to be an outcast, a stranger in one’s own country, than an outcast from one’s self. It is better to see what is about to befall us and to resist than to retreat into the fantasies embraced by a nation of the blind.
Chris Hedges

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Luck

As luck would have it I married a beauty. Full of forgiveness and love. Last week I got caught for drinking and driving. In fact I almost ran over the bastard who caught me. If I had been going fast enough I probably would have gotten away with it. Just a smudge of green paint on some poor bastard. Well I'm guilty.
I recognise that booze WAS a coping mechanism. I'm going to kick the bastard for good. I wan't to be dry for my grandson. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Even though it doesn't seem so. Be pacient. Hang in there.

No comments: