It is better to be an outcast, a stranger in one’s own country, than an outcast from one’s self. It is better to see what is about to befall us and to resist than to retreat into the fantasies embraced by a nation of the blind.
Chris Hedges

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

To edit or not to edit

After years of trying to find my daughter, Thea, I feel like I'm getting closer. As she gets older and begins to do what normal teenagers do I believe technology will bridge our connection. But what does one say after 16 years? For many of those missing years I was someone who could not have offered much, but things are different today. I have a lot of amends to make. One quandary I have has to do with this blog... and indeed my life. My first instinct is to blot out all references to anything that does not contribute to a high opinion of me. However, I cannot succumb to that. To do so would be to erase not only the ugly facts, but many of the hard earned truths too.

No comments: